Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Get Ready With Me

Get Ready With Me...


No Make-Up Skin
So tonight, the husband and I decide we were going to go on a mini date. We finally made it out to the movies that we have been trying to see since FRIDAY. Seriously! Tonight I decided to go with my GO TO look. This is the look I often go to when I have errands to run and places to go but I don't want to look like the walking dead. :)It's not super glamorous. It's just my every day look. :) I hope you enjoy! 





First I apply my IT CC+ Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream + Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum+ SPF 50 in color Medium all the way down my neck. (I will leave the brushes I used at the end of this blog.)

I have featured this foundation in one of my previous Make-Up Monday blogs.


Then I use my trusty Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in color Medium 22 under my eyes. I use my ring finger and tap my concealer under my eyes in a V direction. I will then use my foundation brush to blend my concealer in with my foundation.

Mac- Studio Fix-NC 40



After I have applied both my foundation and concealer I use my beauty blender DRY and apply my powder over my concealer. After I have done that I will take my powder brush and I will literally just pat my face with my powder brush. I feel it makes my face looks more flawless. I make sure I get my T zone (Forhead, nose, cheeks, and chin)


Hourglass- Ambient Lighting Powder- Dim Light



I love this powder. This powder seriously looks like you are literally glowing with in. I love how this lights up the under part of my eyes and makes me look awake and bright eyed! AMAZING product.  I will also apply this with my beauty blender DRY. I love to use my beauty blender with powders. I have like 4 beauty blenders and each of them I use for different things :)





Sephora- Star Dust

Then I will use this beautiful sephora high light on my cheeks. I have heard that this highlighter is a dupe for Nars highlight orgasm. I love this high light. This just gives my skin a healthy glow. LOVE LOVE LOVE.



Mac Blush-Pink Swoon
Using my blush brush I will lightly apply this blush to the apples of my cheeks bringing back along my cheek bone. This is one of my favorite blushes of all time. Its got the perfect pigment for a natural look. 

Mac Eye Shadow- Soft Bown
I will use my favorite fluffy eye shadow brush and use soft brown all over my lid and my crease. Just gives my eyes some natural color with out making them look heavy or too dark. 

Mac Eye Shadow-Shroom




This is one of my favorite shadows of all time. Its my favorite of all the brow highlight. I will take a pencil brush and high light my brow bone and then go in using the same brush and put this right in the inner corners of my eyes to just give my eyes a bright and awake look. 









EOS Lip Balm- Tangerine




I love the Smash Box Always Sharp Water Proof Kohl Liner in the color Bare
I line my water line on the bottom of my eye. This gives my eye a wide open bright eye look. 






I have also mentioned how I love my EOS lip balm. These things are the best. I mentioned in a recent tips and tricks blog that I like to use my lip balms to help keep my eye brows in order. This is what I did for my brows this evening. I wasn't feeling like filling my brows in so instead I just get them to look decent with my lip balm. I will also apply this to my lips at this point as well... MMMM suck goodness! 


Soap &  Glory- A great Kisser- Juicy Peach








I love this lip gloss. Its so beautiful. Its seriously gorgeous. I will often just keep it at that and go about the rest of my day. 








L'oreal Volumnous Butterfly Mascara 







I love this mascara by L'oreal. This gives my eye lashes volume as well as length. It catches every lash. I start by wiggling the mascara wand as close to the base of where your eye lashes start. That will give your eyelashes more volume. I do the same to my bottom lashes as well wiggle at the base and bring it out to the end of your lashes. :) 





On To Hair...
It's a 10- Miracle Leave- In
First I will throw a bit of this through my wet freshly cleaned hair and let it sit for about 5 minutes on my hair to let it really penetrate my hair. After I have letting it sit for a few minutes, I will brush out my hair which 90% of the time has tangles. So this will take sometime. LOL start a movie! 

Get your bobby pits and favorite hair ties ready...

First your are going to section off the amount of bangs you want to put back. I usually grab from the far side of my head for a deep part and start twisting it across my head adding hair as I go.  Then I take my bobbies and I pin my twist on the side crossing the bobbies (they should be making an X) when placing them for maximum hold. 

Then I messily grab my hair in to a pony tail. (seriously this is how I do this ...) No more brushing... LOL I have thick hair so I need two hair ties to keep my hair up but if you have thin enough hair that you only need one hair tie by all means only use one. I on the other hand, need two LOL. So grab your hair ties in your other hand and start and grab your pony tail with the same hand that your ties are on... and pull your pony about 1/3 of the way through the pony ties and wrap your pony ties around and around till they can't anymore. No rhyme or reason. Its called a messy bun for a reason... LOL cause its messy! Once  I have accomplished that much I tuck in the ends that I feel dangling to far and either tuck them back in to my pony ties or use a trusty bobby pin and pin it in. 

There you have it a messy bun! Not sure if that conveys the right idea or not. But Hey, I tried! 







Then just spray lightly with your favorite hair spray. Mine is the L'oreal Elnett Satin. I love this stuff smells so good. Wish they would change the lid of it though. The way they have the sprayer on these cans... they never spray right. I always have to mess with mine. But its an awesome hair spray! 

Once I have completed my hair and make-up there is only one last thing to do... that is to spray your self with your favorite perfume so that you smell awesome and beautiful.  I love Viva La Juicy its one of my favorites. This is just a sample bottle I do have the larger one. This stuff is amazing! My hubby loves it on me too! :) WIN WIN! 


Juicy- Viva La Juicy

Brushes Used: 



Real Techniques- Buffing Brush- My Foundation Brush also to help blend my concealer out as well.
Real Techniques- Stippling Brush- For applying my liquid highlights & Powder Illuminators
Real Techniques- Duo Fiber Face Brush- For applying Blush
Eco Tools- Domed Bronzer Brush- Powder Brush
Mac 224 - Tapered Fluffy Brush- For blending out my eye shadows
Japoneque - Pencil Brush- For brow highlight


This is whatcha get... My go to daily make-up... Again sometimes I will do more and add some different things and sometimes I just go to this. I have hope you have enjoyed this get ready with me. I am sorry this wasn't up last night but I seriously couldn't keep my eyes open any more. So her it is today!  Adios Folks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!