Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nail Life AFTER Acrylics


These are my acrylic nails. I had them done right before my wedding day. I actually started getting my nails done back in September when I went on my bachelorette weekend with my girls. Needless to say my nails were seriously damaged after the short amount of time that I had them before my wedding. 

After my honeymoon in Hawaii I came home and eventually one by one they were coming off. It wasn't easy to get them off and it was quite painful if you just rip them off. So I decided to soak my nails in acetone. Which isn't much better either. Needless to say after sitting there with my fingers soaking for about an hour I was able to get them off. 

My nails were brittle, pealing, and breaking. So for about a month I kept my nails short and would just apply my favorite nail strengthener. 

OPI Natural Nail Strengthener 
I would put two coats of this on  once a week. You want to make sure that you take off your previous coat and start completely over each week. You don't want to just keep adding coat after coat. Eventually it will chip off that way. After putting my two coats of nail strengthener I always top it off with a good top coat. 

Sally Hansen- No Chip- Acrylic Top Coat

I use Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic  Top Coat. This works awesome because it give my nails a bit of a harder so I don't have to worry about them pealing or breaking all the time.  Works wonders when you are trying to grow your nails out and get them healthier.

OPI-AVOPLEX- Cuticle Oil To Go
This is one of my favorite nail products of all time. I use this daily on my cuticles and nails. This helps the oils seep in to your nails and strengthen them as well. My nails were completely recovered after using these three things to get my nails back to feeling like new again. :) 

I loved having my acrylics when I had them because I always thought that I couldn't grow nails on my own.  I had to give my self the chance to do so.  So when I finally just let my nails grow and was consistent with using these products this allowed my nails to really grow. I no longer get acrylic nails and I am able to save a pretty penny in the jar.  So if you are contemplating loosing the acrylics I would definitely try these three things and possibly some hair and nail vitamins to help your nails grow even more. 

Hope you enjoy spending time with me on Tips & Toes Tuesday! Hope you all have a wonderful day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!