Friday, November 7, 2014

Coconut Oil Tip & Trick






What You Can Do With Coconut Oil

Something you probably didn't know... and you probably have it right there in your kitchen. If you don't thats alright... this oil doesn't cost much. I pick mine up at my local Whole Foods, Trader Joes or Sprouts. Im sure even regular grocery stores sell it too. 

Coconut Oil is one of the best oils for so many things... but one of the tips and tricks I am going to tell you about is how to condition your hair & cuticles. 

About 2 times a month I will literally take some coconut oil out of the jar and use it as a deep conditioner for my hair. This leaves my hair completely silky and soft. Now, you have to make sure you really get this out of your hair. I do not recommend using a lot. A little goes along way. I also do not recommend putting this on the top of your scalp. As it could make your hair a bit greasy if you have naturally oily hair. If your hair is on the dryer side all over then knock your self out, put it all over then. I tend to get more oily on top so I avoid that area and only use the coconut oil through the bottoms of my hair. I will tell you this, it leaves your hair feeling like bran new and silky smooth! You will never use another deep hair conditioner after you discover Coconut Oil. 

I also love to use coconut oil after my mani's and pedi's. I rub a little around my cuticles and around my finger tips. I also use it on the bottoms of my feet and around my toooties (AKA my toes, my mom used to call our toes tooties when I was a kid) Especially in the colder seasons my hands tend to get a bit dryer and during the warmer seasons when I wear sandals more often. This helps my skin stay soft so that they won't crack. Those cracks on your feet and fingers are NOT the business... THEY HURT! 

Well, go get your self some Coconut Oil and try some of these tricks out. You won't be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!