Saturday, October 25, 2014

Table Making... It Was An Interesting Day!



I should just start to call this portion of the blog "Palette Saturdays." LOL so as many of you already know,my husband and I have moved in to our new home. We have been with out a kitchen table for quite some time now. I just honestly haven't found anything that I have really liked enough to buy. Not to mention tables are not cheap. LOL Whats a table with out chairs? Thats another small fortune to add on to the table cost. Its quite the investment and not that we have a problem with that because we don't I just honestly haven't found anything that I like enough to purchase as I said before.

So before I go in to what we have decided to do. Before when I lived at my old house I loved all the dark furniture and black frames around the house. I thought it looked classic and rich. Well my taste have started to change. Especially since I have actually moved in to my new house. I have really loved the shabby chic look in homes. I am loving the clean and white look. I just think it makes the house look big and bright. So keep that in mind when I explain to you what we have decided to do as a table. 

As far as our table goes we have decided to MAKE (Yes, as in construct) our own wooden table. We are making a palette table. You know those huge wooden table like things that are used for large shipment of goods for companies. For the last few weekends my husband and I have gone out looking for good palettes. Josh finds palettes that are the perfect thickness and that haven't been broken. We then come home and disassemble the palette and take all the nails out and use the wood to construct our table. 

We have not finished our table as of yet. However, it is coming alone. We finally went and picked out our stain for the wood. We are going to be staining it a pretty white. Once it is done I will for sure post a picture of our beauty. We are going to be making long benches instead of actual chairs. We will buy two chairs for the ends of the table. It's going to look amazing! I can't wait for it to be done and complete my house!!! 

Well hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday evening. Leave comments in the bottom and let me know what you think... Also if you have made a palette table show some pictures of your creations. I would love to see what you all have created. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!