Monday, May 19, 2014

The Best Concealers!!!



Hey Everyone!!! Hope everyone's Monday went well.  Let's talk concealer. I know everyone wants to know what concealer works the best to cover those pesky under eye circles that we all dread. I am going to share some of my favorites that I have used through out the years. Some high end and some drug store brands. Also going to share some of my least favorite ones that I have bought. So lets get er' done.


Kat Von D- Lock-It Tattoo Concealer- Medium 22
Most of you have seen this concealer mentioned in many of my posts already. That is because this concealer is my holy grail concealer. I love this concealer. I have never used a a concealer that has worked so well and worth every single penny that you purchase it for. You can find the Kat Von D concealers at Sephora. 

I love this concealer because it covers my under eye circles so well. I love that it gives my eyes a bright eye look. Not to mention the reason I love it so much is because IT DOESN'T CREASE. I have had nothing but trouble finding a concealer that doesn't crease on my eyes. I don't like that look. I have to be honest this is the ONLY concealer that I have purchased and had any luck with that doesn't crease. Hands down the best full coverage concealer I have ever owned. It's a total repurchase and a total recommendation that if you have creasing problems with your concealers to definitely try this one out. 

Mac- Studio Finish Concealer NW 20

This is also one of my favorite concealers. However, I do not use this for what you would think. I personally don't think this is a good concealer for covering under eye circles. This make-up is extremely full coverage and in my opinion is too caky under the eye. I love to use this concealer to sculpt my eye brows after I have filled them in with my favorite eye brow product. I also like to use this over blemishes. This works great for concealing blemish that your having a hard time being able cover under your foundation alone. I will continue to repurchase this conceal . As you can see I have used this one quite a bit. I have almost hit pan.

Maybelline- Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
THE BEST FIND EVEEERRR!!! This is one of the best concealers from the drug store. I have been using this concealer since it has come out. I will say, that I do get some creasing with this concealer. Not al whole lot and nothing that is toooooo drastic. However, this concealer feels great on the skin and a super blendable concealer to use.  This is probably my third concealer I have bought. Awesome to take with you when traveling because its slender and doesn't take up a bunch of space. :)

NARS- Radiant Creamy Concealer- Light 2 Vanilla

The concealer from Nars I love to use as highlight under my eyes. This concealer takes a little more time to blend in but once you do it looks great. Again, if you are looking for a concealer that doesn't crease this one isn't your girl. This one cause a bit of creasing on me. I have to powder pretty good under my eyes in order to prevent creasing. Other wise a great concealer. I really have enjoyed using this one as a high light though. :)

L'OREAL True Match Crayon Corrector

I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of this concealer for under my eyes. It was really hard to blend under my eyes. It caused major major creasing. One thing I have enjoyed using it for is to clean up my brows once I have filled them in. Works perfect for that or as an eyeshadow base. Another one of those that I would probably take with me on a trip... since its small and skinny and doesn't take up much space. All about consuming space when your traveling. LOL

Garnier- Skin Renew Anti-Dark- Circle Roller

Umm... this concealer sucks. I bought this thinking this might actually do something. It sucks. It doesn't cover anything. Its a very light coverage and super hard to blend. It caused major creasing on my face. This concealer just did nothing for me. I will definitely not be repurchasing this concealer ... EVER! haha I don't have anything good to say about this one. Sorry guys! Didn't work for me! 

MAC- Pro Longwear Concealer- NC30

I would have to say this is probably the runner up to my Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. I still get some creasing with this one. Not horribly but a little. Over all this has great coverage. This concealer lasts for ever because a little bit goes a long way. I have owned about 10 of these bad boys because before I found my Kat Von D (which was right before my wedding in October) this was my go to concealer.  

Well guys, thats all I got for you tonight. I hope you enjoyed this. Go and check out some of these concealers and tell me what some of your favorite concealers are to us. I am always looking to try new things :) Till tomorrow! Night Night!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!