Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hair and Make-Up

Yesterday I got to spend the whole day doing hair and make-up on some beautiful ladies who had their senior ball yesterday. Each one of the girls beautiful in their own way. I was so honored to be able to do all their hair and make-up. Earlier in the week my niece came out to my house and wanted me to do a trial run on her hair and make-up. Mainly the make-up because she wasn't sure if she wanted her make-up done or if she wanted to do it her self. You can check out my recent post on Wacky Hair Wednesday.

Leading up to Saturday I had asked my niece to get some photo's of the girls hair of what they thought they might like for their hair due. It was such a trip because all of them had very similar hair styles. Which you all will notice once I post the pictures. I did 3 girls hair  4 girls make-up. 



This was the hair style my niece chose to have done to her hair. Now mind you, she has quite thicker and longer hair then this girl does. So we had to make some changes to hers a bit because she had extra hair that needed to be curled and pinned up and what not. 



This was how her hair turned out. Again I am not going to go on too much about her hair because I did a whole post on her hair on Wacky Hair Wednesday. She got a whole blog post dedicated to her hair. :) Thanks Krista for allowing me to do that on Wednesday. Your the besets in the whole wide world. 



This was the hair style that one of her friends chose to have done for her undo. This turned out so perfectly. I thought it was so soft and pretty looking.  Since you couldn't really tell how the back bun part was done I decided to keep it soft and do pin curls as her little bun. 



We decided that we were going to put her bun more to the side. Which I thought gave this look a bit of a flirty soft look. We gave her hair some volume at the top of the crown of her head and decided to give her bangs a bit of a soft twist and pinned back in to her bun. Her hair was beautiful I was really happy with how it turned out. 



This was my next hair do. This one was simple but yet beautiful. I loved the way this turned out on her hair. We made some minor changes to the hair do. But over all we both were super pleased with how it turned out. 

So I created the braid in the front just like the photo above, but instead of putting the braid back in to the pony tail before wrapping it in to the but I decided it would add a really pretty detail if I kept it braided all the way down and wrapped the bun with the the rest of the braid.  So I curled her pony tail and then twisted it in to a bun and pinned it all the way around till it was secure. Once It was secure I wrapped the rest of her braid around the base of the bun and it hid the bobby pins perfectly. I just loved this hair style. :)

Once all the hair was done we decided to take a break because the girls were getting hungry and I needed to give my hands and my back a break for a bit. Once the girls ate a little something and I took a break we continued to go on with the make-up portion of the day. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of their make-up but I assure you that they all look amazing. I just saw photo's from their ball and they all looks amazing. I hope they all had a great time at their senior ball and am so honored that I got to spend time with these girls before their big night. 

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to high school again. Those days were just amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!