Friday, May 2, 2014

Snack Night...Work Night...

Fun Friday... Comin' Atcha! I have been so busy. I totally didn't post my blog last night for throwback thursday because I fell asleep and that was all she wrote. So I have been writing since around 2:30 this afternoon.

Tonight has been pretty uneventful considering I have been writing up my blogs.  I am about to get super real with you all right now.  LOL Only because this is honestly what I did today ! haha

This afternoon we took off for the mall because I desperately needed new BRA'S!  Yes, folks me and the hubbins went and got me 3 new bra's. That was the excitement for the day! YAYYYYY! not. Then we went to the grocery store and picked up some stuff for "Friday Night Snack Night".

So since my day was pretty much uneventful, I thought I would give you an awesome recipe that I made this evening for snack night.

So since I was about 17 years old my family has been doing "snack night" on Friday nights. This was the ONLY night my mom didn't prepare a full on meal for the family. Instead she would make a few small little snackies that would fill us up for the night. These snacks were often healthy and nutritious.

I really try to make sure me and Josh choose healthier choices regarding our food. However, I  have kept up with the tradition that Friday nights are our "Snack Night." It's the one night I can make some yummy foods for us to snack on for the evening. It's the night Josh likes to indulge in his beer and it's the night I like to relax and make nummy snacks.


Creamy Corn, Bacon & Cheese Dip
This dip turned out so good. I made some mild changes to it so that it would be a bit healthier for us to consume tonight.


 First I will give you the recipe as I made it. Then I will give you the recipe as I found it on Pinterest. That way if you choose to have the other version you can make that version.


What You Will Need:
 1 8oz 1/3 Less Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
 1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
 1 LB of Bacon ( I normally would have used turkey bacon but this was all I had in the freezer)
 1 14oz can of Cream Corn
 1 8oz can of diced green chili's
 2 green scallion onions
Regular Recipe:
  1 8oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
  1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
  1 LB of bacon
  1 14oz can of Cream Corn
  1 8oz can of diced jalapeƱos  (We couldn't find these so we used green chili's)

  What To Do:
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Cut bacon into small bite size bits and cook.
In a mixing bowl, mix together room temperature cream cheese, cream corn, chilies, scallions, and pepper jack cheese.
Once creamed together, add your cooked bacon bites to the mix and mix well.
Then add mixture to a glass baking dish or an oven safe dish to cook
Cook dip for 30 minutes covered
Then Uncover and cook for another 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
You will want to let stand for about 10 minutes to let cook and thicken a bit.
Then serve with your favorite chips
We chose:

Multi grain Tortilla Chips
with Brown Rice, Flax Seed, Sesame Seeds, and Sunflower Seeds

These are some of our favorite chips and they are so flavorful. Tonight's snack night was a success. We hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!