Friday, May 2, 2014

I LOVE My Daddy!

Hey Everyone, first of all I would like to apologize for not getting Throwback Thursday blog up on time. I was so extremely tired yesterday that I literally fell asleep and that was all she wrote. I didn't sleep too good the night before so I was pretty spent the next day! So I promise today you will not only get your Throwback Thursday Blog but Fun Friday as well.

Today's Throwback is a picture of my Dad and I. My dad is one of my best friends in the whole wide world. Not only is he the first man in my life. He's my Hero. My dad is an Air Force Veteran. My dad is the best kind of man out there. Our bond is something I cherish and love.

Back in 2005 my dad became sick. We found out that he suffers from emphysema and COPD.  Most likely a repercussion of the war and him smoking. Seeing my dad hooked up to every machine there was known to man really made things set in. That I won't have him forever. Even though growing up I knew nothing could break my dad. Being an adult now I cherish every second and moment I can share with my dad, because I know there will be a day when all those seconds and special moments have to turn in to memories of him. I dread the day!

So since 2005, we have all had to learn how to live with my dad having COPD and Emphysema. It was a major adjustment for him and a huge life changer.

                                                                   
My dad is where all my attributes come from. He has the worst temper once he's been pushed to that point. Father like daughter. LOL We are both the type we have to really be pushed to that point, but when we are... GAME OVER! LOL

My dad, HATES HATES HATES when I wanna take selfies with him. He doesn't like having his picture taken.


Some of you may notice a scar right below his right eye that pretty much goes all the way around his cheek bone and across the top of his head. (That part you don't see because his hair covers it). However, when my dad was 18-19 years old he flew through the windshield in a car accident ripping up his face and literally ripped his entire eyebrow and eyelid OFF! Gross I know! Figured people would ask, so thought I would answer for you! :)

So I have had a ton of special moments with my dad but nothing compares to the one I am going to share with you right now.

October 12, 2013 my dad walked me down the aisle. I cried the whole way down. I knew this day was going to be the most beautiful day of my life. Marrying my best friend. There was a bitter sweet aspect of it too. There was a sense of not being my Daddy's little girl any more. Then he handed me over to Joshie (my now husband).



He knew I was struggling with this leading up to the wedding. He knew I had this worry. Then he whispered in my ear right before he put my hand in Josh's and said "You will always be my little girl no matter what." This melted my heart in ways you could never imagine. I have the most selfless man as a father. There have never been more powerful words and not to mention the most perfect words for the moment and current thoughts running through my mind.

This moment with him was hands down THE BEST. He never felt like he was losing me. He knew I would always need him. I knew that too! There are just some things you need your daddy for.  I am truly honored to call him mine! <3 Thanks for being the best dad in the whole world daddy! I love you "Fifty million trillions and more and over the rainbow and back again until skittles fall out." I am the luckiest girl in the whole world to have you as my dad!

**Disclaimer**- I am literally bawling my eyes out as I write this. In case any of you are wondering how I am typing this at the current moment. LOL That's how! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!