Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dub C Art Festival & The Container Store

YAY IT'S THE WEEKEND! Hope you all are having a fun and relaxing weekend! I am relieved for it to finally be the weekend!! Was a stressful week. So today we just relaxed and enjoyed some hubby and wife time together. It was a nice day! So with out further a due on with Adventure Saturday!

The Dub C!
For those of you who don't already know. I am from sunny California! We are so lucky to be from this beautiful state and are able to call it home. Today, we decided to stroll the streets of the Dub C also known as Walnut Creek. It started off to be such a beautifully sunny and spring day! By the time we headed home it started to get cold and you could tell the rain clouds were coming.

The Container Store
To start the day off we decided to go to the container store. This is seriously one of THE best stores in the whole wide world. It's home of the OCD! Seriously I am like in my zone when I am in this store. They have every like everything and anything you could want to organize your house with not to mention every single container or box you could ever think of. Have I mentioned their gift wrapping section is totally amazing as well. They have some of the cutest ideas for gift wrapping. If you haven't gone to one of these stores before I totally recommend going. If you don't have one close by or where you live you should check them out online. Totes worth it! While we were there we got a rolling tote for my laundry room so that I don't constantly have to keep getting my step stool down to get things down from the highest shelf in our laundry room. Simply because I am a SHORTY! I also got a new garbage can for my bathroom and some files for our filing cabinet. Like I said before. Such a fun store!

Container Store
To think that this is only a small small small portion of the store. This store is ginormous! There is something for everyone in here I promise!


Arts & Crafts Festival 
While we were out in Dub C we found out that there was an arts and crafts festival. We walked all around Walnut Creek checking out all the fun art and crafts people have created. It was quite inspiring and awesome what people create.

Pyramid Heffinwizen Alehouse
While walking the streets of Walnut Creek we stumbled across this gem. We were starting to get a little hungry so we stopped here and had a bite to eat and enjoyed a couple of ice cold Heff Brews. They were simply amazing. The food was awesome as well. We both enjoyed a hamburger. Delish! NOM NOM NOM! After, having linner (Lunch/Dinner) we started to head home. On the way home Josh wanted to stop off at one of the aquarium stores in one of our local towns close to us.

Hobby Lobby
Low and behold... While in the parking lot.. I let out the loudest scream I think I have ever heard myself and Josh stopped the car right in its tracks. He straight looked at me like 'what in the hell woman'?? So I have not yet experienced the awesomeness of the a store as wonderful as this. LOL This is the first one to come to our local area. I have seen them in other areas but we just have never had the chance to go and check them out. Unfortunately, our Hobby Lobby is not yet quite open but its getting super super close. They had all their merchandise out on the floor. Opening day will happen any day now! :) I will be there for sure! For those of you who are wondering what Hobby Lobby is.. Basically it's a craft store. However, its like the major department store of craft stores though. SERIOUSLY HUGE! I probably have to give this the best find of the day! Overall, I have to say that it was a pretty eventful day!

We finally got home and now we are settling down for the evening and getting ready for bed. I came home and started organizing everything after I got all my organizing goodies from The Container Store. Then I remember, SHIT... I have to write this blog! So, here you have it! What did you guys do this fine Saturday?? Well hope the rest of the weekend finds you all well and hope you get to enjoy it doing something wonderful and with the ones you love. Have an awesome night guys!

Night Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!