Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Shellac Nails


I thought it would be fun to do my shellac with you guys. So when I decide to stray away from my Jamberry nail wraps (which isn't very often)I like to use my shellac polishes. Unlike Jamberry where putting on the nails are quick and easy shellac is a little more time consuming as far as application goes. There are a few different applications you have to apply to get the nails right. 

Some things you will need:
*A few q-Tips
*Nail Polish Remover
*Cotton Balls
* Max Adhesion Sanitizer 
*A soak off base gel
*A Shellac color of your choice
*A Gel Top Coat
*UV light

Now, lets get this thing started. 


We want to start off with bare clean and manicured finger nails. I have already done that part before I started my nail application. Also after I have manicured my finger nails I will take some nail polish remover and get all the oils off my finger nails before I start the process. 

So I have clean hands now...


There a dozen different sanitizers out there just pick one that you like. This one is mine and apply a little to each nail. This isn't anything that is going to make your nails look significantly different it just really takes all the oils out of your finger nail.  Which is what you want before you apply your base.


Then you want to add your base coat. I am using one from Gelish.  When applying your base to your finger nail you want to apply a very very thin coat to your nail bed. To much will make it separated and bleed on to your skin. which just doesn't look good.  After applying your base you want to cure your polish for 120 seconds on both of your hands until the light goes out. 


Now its time to choose your choice in nail color. I decided on  PINK obviously. Its not July yet. So I am still wearing pink for my Aunt Cathy who is battling breast cancer.  I am doing this in her honor.  I am going with the color  Purple Panic by China Glaze. This is their gel nail polish that they recently started selling. 


I also did a glitter color by China Glaze in the color Fairy Dust. Also a gel polish. I only did this color on my middle finger.  You also want to apply these very thinly and cure 120 seconds between each application. On the pink polish I needed 3 light coats of the polish to get to my desired consistency.  For the Fairy Dust color I only need two coats on my nails for my desired consistency. 


Then you want to find your favorite GEL Top Coat. Mine is made by China Glaze as well. I apply this thinly on each nails and then cure under UV light for 180 seconds twice. You probably don't have to do it twice, I just do to ensure that they are cured all the way through. 


And.... Here you have it folks. This is the nail polish I decided on using this evening. I love how it turned out and I know Aunt will love just as much. She always loves seeing what nails designs I have decided on. :) Fun times! 


If you are wondering what a UV light is . This is what mine looks like. I bought mine at Sally's Beauty Supply Store for I think $59.00. You will need to have one of these or one like it in order to do your gel nails. 





Well there you have it guys. I hope you enjoyed this. Have an awesome night guys! XXOO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!