Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Favorite Hair Color-For Dark Hair Lovers

Good Afternoon Guys... Today's topic of discussion is going to be hair color. I don't know about you, but when I am due for a hair cut and have an appointment coming up I know that is probably the best time to color my hair. Right before my appointment. Often, I will color my hair like two days before my appointment to get my hair cut. Coloring your hair your self isn't rocket science. I do it my self all the time. I actually prefer to do it my self because if I don't like it. I am the only one to blame and if its that bad I know where to find my hair dresser. HAHA JUST KIDDING I am licensed so I know what I am doing!

Now, I don't know about you but getting my hair cut and colored runs me anywhere from 80-100 bucks and more if you are having highlights being done. Mind you, I WILL NOT do my own highlights. I would rather have that done if I am going to be lighting my hair. I have a better chance of being able to get my highlights right then me trying to see in back of my head. LOL

Hair color though, their is no wrong or right way really... Just slap it on... let it sit...Wash it out. and there you go...

I feel by doing my own hair color it saves me some money when going to get my hair done. Me personally I don't mind paying to have my hair color and cut maybe every other time I go. Simply because I like the pampering. However, my husband is a plumber and often is being transferred to new jobs and their is often a layoff period. When times get tough you have to learn to pinch and save money where you can. This is one of my ways that I do... Coloring your hair before your hair cut. So not only do you have a freshly new cut but a awesome new color to rock with that adorable cut you just got. PS and you only paid half the price of what you pay if you were going in for a color and cut. Just keeps a pretty penny in your pocket when the need be.

Normally I would gravitate toward my tried and true Wella Color Touch hair color. However, this time my beauty supply was out of the color I normally get.


Wella- Color Touch 




This hair color comes in a tube. I love this hair color however sometimes I will go in to my beauty supply store and they are out of this color. A lot of people like this color cause they are frequently. However, if you can get your hands of some well products this is the best rout to go!








**Disclaimer** This is NOT a bottled hair color. You do not put on using a bottle. This is a cream hair color which you have to mix your self in a bowl.**

This is the color I get in the Wella Color Touch.  Its a deep dark red. I love this color. However, when I am concocting my "perfect color" I will only use about a 1/3 of the tube of the 44/65.  My hair naturally already has some red in it. I just like to bring out the red and make it a little more darker.  As I said before I will only use about 1/3 of the tube of the red when mixing my colors together. Then I will add another one of my favorite Wella Colors. 

4/77 a deep dark brown. Looks almost black but not quite there. This color is what helps me achieve the color that I desire. A deep dark Red. When looking at me normally my hair will look seriously almost black. Then as soon as I go in the sun you see the red highlight through my hair. Its seriously the most beautiful hair color EVER. If you like dark hair colors. I will add 1/3 of the 4/77 to my 1/3 of 44/65 in a bowl and add your developer to your mix. Now I often eye ball the amount of developer that I add to my hair color. So I would say just add enough to the amount of hair color you have and make sure it liquifies your cream hair color.  You don't want it so runny that it doesn't even stay on the  brush to apply it on your hair. You want it to be like paint if you will.  Liquified enough to make it a paint like consistency. If that makes sense. 

Color Touch Developer


Unfortunately, I don't do light hair colors on my self personally because I don't look good with lighter hair. I may or may not be planning on doing a lighter hair color blog for those of you who love light hair color. I am going to be doing my friends hair soon and I know she wants some lighter hair. :) I will for sure be blogging about it. :)


I have mentioned that on several occasions that I would go in searching for my Wella products and my colors might be out of stock. So I have found my favorite back up if for any reason my Wella products are out of stock for when I need to do my hair.



I have now used this Age Beautiful Anti-Aging hair color proven to fight all 5 signs of aging hair. In the color 4RM Dark Red Mahogany Brown. This color is the exact color I like to have my hair. Although, this is only a demi permanent hair color. That is the only draw back to this particular hair color. It doesn't last as long as my permanent stuff from Wella. :) In a pinch tho this stuff works perfectly till I can get my hands back on my Wella!

I still use my Wella developer with this hair color even though they are made by two different manufacturers.

I do not have grey hair that I can tell. However, I am sure I have a couple back there that I can see.  I feel like I'm almost 30 and this is the time to start using anti-aging anything!!

There you have it guys. This is my favorite stuff to color my hair with.  Speaking of hair color... It is time for this girl to color her hair. Think it might be time!!! Well folks I'm off to color my hairs. Talk to you soon!

Night Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!