Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fun Evening With The Parentals

Good Evening Guys! Hows your Saturday going... Today we did my mom's Mother's Day. It went off with out a hitch. She loved every single thing. I am so happy :)! We had a delicious butter honey pork tenderloin, with oven roasted vegetables, oven roast potatoes and a pasta salad (that did not turn out how I would have liked.) Which is why I decided last minute to add the potatoes to the meal. It was a quick fix. LOL

This morning I got up and got the house ready for the excitement this afternoon. I got my mom's gift together. I had gone to Bed Bath and Beyond and Ulta to get most of her gifts and then a few of her goodies I hand made. 


This was her goodie basket that I filled for her. My dad and I went halfs on her little gift. We went shopping for it together. It was a really fun daddy daughter day! If you are interested in what I put in her basket I will leave all the goodies down at the end of this blog post. :)

I found this really cute idea on pintrest to do a manicure in a jar. I totally thought it was adorable so I decided that was what I was going to do. Working for Jamberry and all I knew exactly some of the fun things I was going to be putting in her Jar.




I found this cute mason jar cup and I had some twine left over from my wedding. I just tied it around the mason jar. Just added a super cute rustic touch since some of the things I added to her basket were home made.  I will also leave the down below at the end of the post what is in her jar as well. 

I made the most delicious treats for an hors d'oeurve tonight. They were gone in 2.5 seconds. My family gobbled em up! 

Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Pastry Puffs

Flaky butter puff pastry bites stuffed with a savory blend of caramelized onions and gorgonzola cheese. They were the most amazing thing I have ever made. LOL and by MADE I mean the best thing I have ever bought from the freezer section at Safeway. LOL They were so good! GOTTA TRY  THEM! 


Now for the finale... (insert the TOP GUN anthem here) 

Mini Cheesecakes topped with Raspberries 

Now these beauties I didn't buy from the freezer section at Safeway. I hand made these babies all by my LONESOME. Not only am I NOT a baker... NOT ONLY DO I SUCK AT BAKING... But these things were freaking amazing! I knocked these bad boys out the park. They were so good! Perfection really... 

Now, I love to cook. Ask me how my pasta salad turned out... LIKE CRAP! I couldn't believe it. I had such high hopes for this avocado lime pasta salad and it was just crap crap crap! My family was nice to me and ate it anyways and told me it was really good. I know the truth... LOL it was CRAP! Thats why I decided last minute to add some potatoes to the even roasted veggies. Thats what thinking quick is all about. 

Mom and I took the pooch out for a walk and walked down a few blocks and bought some cherries from the guy selling cherries. Today's weather was perfect and over all the the afternoon was too. Such an awesome day! 

To all the" HOT mama's, baby mama's, Grandmama's, lil mama's, sexy mama's, step mama's, single mama's, single daddies, and MOST of all my MAMA!" - Saw someone on my Facebook post this and thought it was the cutest thing ever. So I couldn't resist. Happy Mother's Day Guys! 





Two Candles- Lavender & Hibiscus
Cuticle oil
2 EOS lip balm
1 homemade lip balm- Peppermint Lime
2 homemade bath bombs
Cuticle remover
Manicure in a Cup
Homemade Jam
Beauty Blender
Loofa
Cotton Balls
Cotton rounds
Hand Lotion 
Nail Polish Remover


Cotton Balls- At the bottom
2 Jamberry Sheets- Birds of  Feather & Faded Deco
Buffing Cube
2 glass nail files
Hand Lotion
3 Essie Nail Polishes- Light blue-Truth or Dare, Pink-Peach Daiquiri,  and dark grayish blue-under the twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!