Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Me & My Buddy!

Today started out like nothing special. A typical Wednesday! I know I have told you all this before but my best friend and her son and husband currently live with us. So I woke up, and I went downstairs and I got to hang with Lucas most of the day. He's a one year old cutie patootie and knows the right strings to pull that lead right to my heart. Their isn't a day that goes by that I am not blessed to be in this little mans life. I am so proud that I get to call him my nephew and that he gets to call me his Auntie. 

I woke up and went downstairs where he was playing in his play room with his mommy. His mom was looking pretty tired so I told her I would take over for a while since both of our husbands were working. Nothing like having your best friend around to take over when you are exhausted. So I took over while she went and took a quick nappy. Nappy for Mommy! 

Anyways, we decided that we would put on some music and jam around the house. Shortly after that it was clearly time for a snack. So we decided on some crackers and cheese and some lil cuties (they are small oranges). Some of the crackers ended up on the floor, all the cheese ended up in his tummy, and the oranges went down like a bad habit. Then back to playing we went.

Shortly after that, it was nappy time for the little man. 

After nap time we all headed down stairs for some lunch time. Where little man devoured all the meat balls from his spaghetti o's. Then there was more dancing and playing in the play room after lunch. 

So you see, this little boy has one of the keys to my heart. I just love spending time with him. Hearing him laugh and totally just playing with him. We had a pretty good afternoon this afternoon. He showed me his mad skills on the dance floor with his cool snapping skills. Just doesn't get much better then that. Nothing like a little Lucas and Auntie time to make the day awesome. 

I am not going to lie, my husband always has the heart of most children. When my niece Somer came in to the world and first started to learn how to talk we couldn't get her to stop saying "Doss"= Josh. Literally, like her mom would avoid saying my husbands name because we couldn't get her to stop asking for him or saying his name. 

Lucas' vocabulary is flourishing daily. He recently started saying Josh as well. So naturally after hearing him say Josh for about 2 weeks now I have been working on teaching him how to say auntie. When I would ask him who I was he would point to pictures of me like he knew who I was and would match the pictures to the face. Now, he has finally started saying Auntie. I can't begin to tell you how freaking excited I am to hear his little voice call me that. He's just so adorable. 

So my day was just perfect. I spent all of it in my jammies at home with this little dude and his mama. Sometimes thats all you need. 

Hope all you wonderfuls had an awesome hump day. I know I did. Happy Wednesday! See you all tomorrow! I will find ya'll an awesome throw back! XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!