Friday, November 21, 2014

Snowed In...In Lake Tahoe


Well, heres a bit of a throwback for ya. This is one the first trips my husband and I made together when we first started dating. Spur of the moment we had decided that we were going to take a road trip to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. At the time my husband drove this little  beat up Nissan that didn't even have a radio in it. Could you imagine driving 4 hours WITH NO RADIO. I would go simply mad I tell you! Anyways, needless to say we ended up taking my little 2006 Honda Civic. Going up it was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Completely clear... Boy... did that all change over night. 

We had gotten to Tahoe around 9:00 PM and we checked in to our hotel and got our car parked and what not. Then we went down because we were starving and decided we to go find some food. It was really cold and super windy. I told Josh I thought there might be a store coming in because of how windy it was. He didn't believe me.

HAHA! After we got back from having some dinner we decided to go park the car at the hotel and just walk around the differ hotels. Believe me when I tell you this... I was literally bundled up it was getting so windy that I literally was having a really hard time walking. (No I hadn't started drinking yet) Anyways, we had found a hotel that we liked gambling at and we got comfy... a few hours later we were ready to head back to the hotel. So we bundle back up and start walking back. We walk outside and its seriously like a blizzard outside. I wasn't really but it was damn close. You couldn't see two feet in front of you. I could hardly hear what Josh was saying... I just straight looked at him after we were standing outside in the storm... like "and you didn't think there was a storm coming". HAHA he was so wrong. 

After falling on my ASS twice we finally made it back to the hotel. I was completely wind blown. My poor face was so chapped and almost burned it was ridiculous. I got cozy in my PJ's and got in to bed. 

I woke up the next morning and looked out the window. Where our room was we could see directly down to are car. I looked out and found nothing but WHITE SNOW everywhere! I mean there was some there already but it wasn't nothing compared to what we had just gotten over night. I couldn't believe how much snow there was. Our car was seriously snowed in. We couldn't get in to it if we wanted too... We had one more night there... Josh said "just lets see if it melts off in the next few hours." I laughed... said "okay whatever.." 

By the evening time Saturday... there was another store rolling in... YOU GOT IT! Even more snow... I woke up Sunday (the day we were supposed to be leaving) and said "Oh yah... that snow sure did melt." "NOT." I knew we were seriously snowed in. 

So what you see on the trunk of the car is my keys and yes a flip flop! We were seriously so lucky because they had come and shoveled all the snow between the cars so people could get their cars out and what not. However, we still had to get all the snow off the top of the car. Thats what the flip flops came in handy for. This TOOK FOREVER! 

So we check out of our hotel and we start to head home. As we are heading out we see a sign that says "Chains Needed." Rolls Eyes... my husband who thinks he's "KING THE SHIT" goes and buys chains for my car. Comes out and ttys to put them on. We must have seriously spent like 4 hours trying to get these freaking things on. So, now not only am I starving and cold... but the storm is coming in and it's starting to freaking rain... before you know it, the rain is turning to snow. Josh is literally on his hands and knee's in the wet rain/snow. He's cussing I am getting all kinds of frustrated. I kept telling him to ask someone. There were guys walking all up and down where we were parked asking if they could help and you just pay them like 20 bucks or something. I'm like pay the man so we can be on our damn way. Finally he gives in when I have reached melt down hour. I am screaming and having a damn fit in the middle of the parking lot. Literally every single person that walked out of the store could see me and hear me for that matter. 

We get these blessed chains on the tires... But since we had literally just spent the last 4 hours in the rain... Our pants, socks and sweatshirts are SOKED. We are freezing! Right up the street there was a Kmart. He pulls in to the Kmart, we run in and pick up some new socks, a pair of comfy pants, and new sweatshirts and go back out to the car... Get changed... then we start our journey homeward. THANK GOD! 

Low and behold, we start to head out of Lake Tahoe... and it probably wasn't even 10 minutes and there a freaking sign that the chain warnings had been lifted. I just sat there and cried... LOL it was a joke! 

Snow trip just gone all BAD! So there you have it guys! Have you ever gone on a trip and from the very start to the very end just went all wrong? UHG! Well Tomorrow is Friday! Hope you all have a wonderful Weekend! ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!