Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Go To Hair Goodies

Happy Hump Day folks!  Well we are half way through the week. How y'all feel about that? I couldn't be more ready for the weekend. I think the hubbies and I are going to be finding something entertaining to get in to. Not sure what yet, but you will find out on Adventure Saturday!

Anyways, On to Wacky Hair Wednesday! Today I thought it would be fun to show you some of my most used and most favorite and must haves when doing my wacky hair. Personally, my hair can be a lot to handle at times. I have pretty long hair that goes down the middle of my back I would say. I also have A LOT of hair. My hair is THICK THICK THICK! So straightening, curling, and blow drying my hair is not something I care to do on a regular basis. Most of the time my hair ends up in a messy bun on top of my head, or in a low messy bun on the side. Now, if I have an event or we are going out to dinner or something I will dazzle up and either straighten or curl my hair. I curl my hair more often than I straighten it. So let's begin with my favorite go to hair goodies...

Goody Ouchless Hair Bands
OMG these are my holy grail hair bands. I go through a pack of these hair bands probably once a month. I love love love them! I love these hair ties because they don't rip out my hair when I am trying to get my hair out of a messy bun or ponytail. I remember when I was a kid I would use the ones with the metal clasp in the back. Those often would hurt my head and pull all my little hairs on my head OUCH!  I probably use these on a DAILY basis. LOL I hate having my hair in my face, and most of all I DO NOT like sleeping with my hair down. I cannot stand it. I won't put my hair up as tight as I do during the day. My hair is a bit more loose when I go to bed. <3 these!

It's a 10 Miracle Leave- In Plus Keratin
Sigh, I am just going to put it out there... My hair tangles like nobody's business. I have probably tried every single leave in conditioner out on the market. This has to be by far the best one I have used for getting the tangles out. It doesn't take them completely out, but it makes it a little less painful to put a brush through my hair after I have gotten out of the shower. So if you are having tangle issues in your hair or your children's hair, I would consider this. It is on the pricey side but it's honestly worth it when I am not left  in tears trying to rip the tangles out of my hair.

Conair Paddle Brush
Umm... Excuse my brush. I did try to clean it before taking this picture but its near impossible to actually get all the hair out of it. If any of you have an tips and tricks to free your brush of all the hair build up, I would love to know. This is whatcha get for now, ha ha! Anyways, the brush it self is just your typical paddle brush as far as I'm concerned. Nothing really that special. I have been waiting for the opportunity to go and buy a new brush because honestly, I don't like the handle of the brush. My hair wraps around the handle and because its one of those rubber grip handles my hair sticks to it. Then my hair rips out from it sticking to that darn handle. Not the best brush I have ever had. 

CHI Pro - Low EMF
I love this blow dryer. This is one of the best blow dryers I have ever owned. My old Conair blow dryer finally died out about a month ago and I just decided to cave one day when I was at Ulta. This was not a cheap hair dryer however, with my old hair dryer it would take me almost 30-40 minutes to get my hair anything dry. When I bought this and used it for the first time I was honestly thinking to my self how in the HELL did I go this long with out having this one. I blow dried my hair in 5 -8 minutes with this beauty. I was so shocked it did my hair that quickly. I will say this, that the heat is a bit hotter then a cheaper blow dryer and this blow dryer is so much quieter. I love that aspect of it too because anytime I would have my blow dryer on my husband would come in and try to talk to me and of course I wouldn't be able to hear a word he was saying. I just can't say enough about this blow dryer. If you have thick hair and it takes you forever to blow dry your hair... please check this blow dryer out. Its pretty pricey but its totally worth it in my opinion when it cuts your hair process in more than half!  Go get your self one girl!!!

L'OREAL's Boost It- High Lift Creation Spray

I love this instant lift and fullness spray for my hair. Especially on day two hair when your hair needs a little lift and a little poof... this is amazzzballs. Like I said before I don't always blow dry and curl or straighten my hair but even if my hair is on day two of being up in a messy bun, I'll let my hair down and put some of this through the roots of my hair and rub my hands through my hair. Gives my hair a little bit of texture and volume. Then I put my hair back up in my messy bun and it often looks better then it did on first day clean hair. Go figure!

CONAIR Instant Heat- Curling Iron
Sometimes, cheaper is better! Now, I must admit I have owned many hair gadgets to do all kinds of interesting things. I have owned many different curling irons as well. I will say this, Conair has some of the best curling irons I have ever used. I have had expensive ones and they didn't do anything to my hair. My hair would always lose the curl like 10 minutes later. My hair curls perfectly with the Conair curling irons. I have only ever used two curling irons that work perfectly on my hair. That is Conair and the Hot Tools ones. I have finally given up trying to find a "better" curling iron and just have stuck with my tried and true Conair curling iron.

CHI Pink Straightener


Like I said before, I will choose to curl my hair usually before I straighten my hair. Occasionally I will straighten my hair just to do something different with my hair. I have had this straightener for a while. I do really like CHI products. I feel they really make your hair feel great. So you can't go wrong with CHI straighteners. I love how when I straighten my hair, my hair feels really silky and smooth. So NIIICCCEE!

The Bobby Pin
OMG my life would be hell with out these little things. I use these every single day with or with out the messy bun. They go in my messy bun and they hold my bangs back. You can just do so much with these little critters. Best invention to come to hair since.... EVER!

L'OREAL Elnett - For Color Treated Hair
So, I don't know about you guys, but I will tell you this I am so weird about hair spray. I cannot justify spending 30+ dollars on a spray that is going to be washed out of my hair in 2 days. LOL I refuse! I have a bunch other crap I could spend my hard earned money on and hair spray is not it ! I love the smell of Elnett. A little goes a long way with this hair spray. I don't need to use a lot on my hair - just keep my baby hairs and fly-aways back. Good stuff I tell you!

Well guys, I hope you guys found this blog insightful. Leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite hair goodies are! Happy Hump and Wacky Hair Wednesday! See yah tomorrow! BYYYYEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!