Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome To Beauty Marked

Make-Up Of the Day!
Inspired by Jaclyn Hill's Fall Smokey Eye 
 Hello Everyone and Welcome. I am so excited to start my new journey as a beauty blogger and vlogger. My love for Make-Up and all things beauty started when I was pretty young. I would say probably in middle school. Although, I was very restricted with what I could put on but that didn't stop me from being interested and checking things out. Finally, when I started high school my mom allowed me to wear some "age appropriate" make up. You know, Mascara, blush, and sheer lip gloss. Then later into my teens and high school years, there was no stopping me. My love for make-up grew even more. My family and close friends really started to notice my abilities and talent with hair and make-up and it could no longer be ignored.

 After high school, I went to college. Fifteen credits shy of graduating I decided to embark on a new journey when I made the decision I wanted to go after my true passion in life. Make-Up! I did decide to go to cosmetology school. So legally I am licensed to cut, color, and style hair in a salon. I have worked in salons. However, it just wasn't what I was wanting to do.

 After seven years doing a bunch of different jobs having NOTHING to do with make-up or hair for that matter. I became a wife to the most handsome, supportive, loyal man in the world. We then decided I was going to stay home and take care of things on the home front because we currently only have one car. Thankfully, that will be changing soon. Along with that we recently started our journey to expanding our little family.

 I started watching YouTube about a year ago. My husband noticed that I was watching a lot of beauty related videos and then going and recreating the looks that they were using as tutorials on their channels. One day he asked me, "Why don't you do that?" and I gave one of my goofy looks like always, and said "I don't know." His comment got me thinking... Why don't I do this? I gave this a lot of thought. I became very inspired by some of these beautiful women on YouTube. I started watching these girls do their thing on their beauty channels I finally decided that I was going to take the plunge and give it a go. We knew that there was going to be some pretty major purchases that were going to come with doing this actively. So over the course of six months or so (since our wedding in October) we have been collectively trying to get things to finally get started. After our wedding we were about to go on our honeymoon to Kauai, so we decided to buy our new filming camera. We also needed a tripod and some SD cards and what not. So we got all that. I had a MacbookPro and decided that I would never go back to using a PC ever again. My computer was on the fritz and knew this was going to be our next big purchase. As you all may know... Mac computers are NOT cheap. The new computer has recently been purchased and currently using it as I type. YAY!

 So here I am, finally ready to embark on this journey. I have a few women out there I want to thank for inspiring me and leading me to follow in their footsteps. I want to thank Judy from "ItsJudyTime". She is absolutely inspirational and beautiful. Laura Vitale from "Laura In the Kitchen" and "Vitale Style", just one of the most genuine women on YouTube. Jaclyn Hill, who has mad skills with make-up and is just flawlessly beautiful. Thank you ladies for being such a huge inspiration to me and guiding me to this wonderful journey.

Please check back soon as I will be sharing some new drug store products that I bought recently from Target. Can't wait to share with you all. Happy St. Patty's Day Guys! Don't forget to wear your green tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to know me!


I decided to start my blog for the love of make- up,hair, and skin care. I am a self taught and

licensed cosmetologist. I went to school to learn all about hair and make-up. As I furthered my education in cosmetology my love for make-up became even stronger. I worked in salons doing hair but honestly my heart wasn't in it the way it was with make-up. I love doing make-up it is like therapy to me. read more...

Follow Nicole


Like Your Beauty's Been Marked!